The Free MetroRide is part of FasTracks, RTD's voter-approved comprehensive plan to expand quality transit service in the Denver metro region. The Free MetroRide, formerly known as the Downtown Denver Circulator during the planning stage, will be a convenient alternative to the Free MallRide on 16th Street with fewer stops resulting in faster travel times. The route will take it southeast on 19th St. from Union Station and then turn south on Broadway to 16th Ave. The return trip will take the shuttle north on Lincoln St. and then west on 18th St. back to Union Station.
- Length: 1.5 miles one way, 3 miles round trip
- Vehicle Type: 60-foot articulated, low-floor bus
- Stations: Denver Union Station and Civic Center Station plus 14 on-street stops
- Peak period operations: 6-9 a.m. and 3:30-6:30 p.m.
- Frequency of Service: 5 minutes (peak)