Our August meeting will be this Thursday, August 6th. Join us for snacks and a police update at 6:30 p.m., and the main agenda from 7-8:30 p.m. at 2543 California Street.
This month we have another full meeting with a lot going on, packed into a fast 90 minutes:
- Randy's Recycled Cycles at 2301 Champa Street will introduce us to their bike shop offerings. They recently relocated and share space with Mile High Cycle Tours.
- Lewis Davis with eTuk USA, manufacturers of Tuk Tuk electric vehicles and based right here on Blake street, will tell us about their business and how Tuk Tuks are finding niches in Denver for on-demand transportation and as business tools.
- Amy Harmon, principal with Urban Market Partners, is seeking our thoughts on a big new vision for the complicated area near Welton, 20th Ave, and Lincoln St. Is it possible to make this area into something exciting and fix the confusing streets?
- Denver Parks & Rec. will update us on The Outdoor Downtown - The Future of Denver's Parks and Public Spaces. This study, now entering a new phase, will develop recommendations for the broader downtown with regard to public parks and publicly-accessible open space.
- Lorii Rabinowitz will tell us about an exploration committee for the Denver Center for Arts and Technology, modeled after Bill Strickland’s Manchester Bidwell school, focused on visual arts for high school students after school and vocational training for adults 18+. Both programs are geared toward ending the cycle of poverty for families in the communities served by the center.